Front to Back registration on Canon C7010 VP

DigiRod

Having issues with my front to back registration drifting 1/16 to 1/8 while printing. It also seems to come and go and is not consistent. Secondary Transfer roller and also the gray roller just before the transfer roller along with both sensors have been changed and cleaned. Any help, advice or info is greatly appreciated.

The usual tech will say 'that's within spec'. One suggestion is to shut the machine off and turn it back on to force it to check it's registration. Another mechanical fix that our tech does is to replace the reg rollers. These are the angled rollers in the registration table under the flip up guides that need to be cleaned and replaced every few hundred thousand. I believe there are also registration sensors that should be cleaned. After this, front to back on 80lb coated text is nearly dead on. 100lb coated text and thicker papers are less likely to drift front and back- again, according to our tech.

The usual tech will say 'that's within spec'.

Heh - If any tech ever told me a 1/8" bounce is within spec I'd be showing them the door pretty quick. We had a Canon 6000VP that always held good registration. Getting into registration to begin with was sometimes a headache, but once it was registered, it held nicely.

Is the registration moving, or is the image shrinking/expanding? That would be my big question.

We semi-regularly run a test sheet that is just a 1pt box printed 2 sided and measure if it's the correct size, correct location, and then adjust the image location and zoom to center the front side image, and then just adjust the back side to match. It makes a world of difference when it comes to cutting things down later on in the process!

printing 656, if any tech told me.... 'that's within spec', I have to agree with PrintIT. He would be shown the door and taking his machine at the same time. I usually hear the standard... Its your temp. and humidity causing the issues. Our registration has always been very good with acceptable movement. And JustinB it was moving and not shrinking/expanding. As I said, we had replaced the 2ndary transfer roller and also the gray roller that's just after the flip up guides. We also cleaned the sensors there as well. Tech came in today with other parts and replaced the roller just below the gray roller which had a slight roughness on the ends but was wore smooth within the direct paper path. Everything seems to be running right in our world again. LOL!! We run alot of 100# cover also.

Print656 I am familiar with the green angled rollers as I have already changed mine out a few times.
Thanks for the responses.

Not familiar with this printer but our old one, the trick was to always feed leading edge first.
1. Print all of side 1
2. Remove from output, flip on the short edge and put back into feeder
3. Turn image upside down on the computer
4. Print side 2.

we had the same issue with the registration for a while, and the technician kept on saying it's within specks, then he replaced the registration roller and it helped a lot, not 100 percent but much better.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back