Xerox 1000i Trail Edge Bleed (blurry print)

joshlindsay, so sorry to hear that your 1000i didn't work out. We have one and love it. We have about 2.5 million clicks on it right now and it just keeps chugging along each month handling whatever we throw at it. We haven't really had any problems like what you are experiencing. We did notice a little bit of what are tech's called trail edge flip. The densities were faded out at the trail edge, but when we removed the heavy stock baffle in there, it basically disappeared. Maybe try that if your techs haven't. I can upload some pics of where its at and you can play around with it if you need. But were still producing beautiful prints every month from our machine and have very little down time (knock knock). Hope you get it resolved with Xerox. We've had nothing but good experiences with them and the techs are amazing.

joshlindsay, so sorry to hear that your 1000i didn't work out. We have one and love it. We have about 2.5 million clicks on it right now and it just keeps chugging along each month handling whatever we throw at it. We haven't really had any problems like what you are experiencing. We did notice a little bit of what are tech's called trail edge flip. The densities were faded out at the trail edge, but when we removed the heavy stock baffle in there, it basically disappeared. Maybe try that if your techs haven't. I can upload some pics of where its at and you can play around with it if you need. But were still producing beautiful prints every month from our machine and have very little down time (knock knock). Hope you get it resolved with Xerox. We've had nothing but good experiences with them and the techs are amazing.

Thanks AP90. I'm gutted that it didn't work and bamboozled as to how some people are loving their 1000i's.

I had a quick look as per your images above in the post but it doesn't look like we have the heavy stock baffle installed.
Did you notice it on the trail edge of text and halftones or trail edge of the sheet?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back