Xerox ColorPress 800 Fault 42-331

G

Hi all. Getting this Subsystem fault 42-331 on our Xerox ColorPress 800. Any ideas or direction would be much appreciated.​

Assuming the 800 has the same codes as the 1000, I think that's a drum motor fault, cyan I think...
Have you recently changed drums? We've had a batch of drums that seem to spin freely when we take them out of the box, but they seem to be stiffening up after being installed for a while and causing those faults.

We did actually change cyan recently. Thanks. I stuck a new one in there and now I'm getting another error right on startup. 94-311. Which I'm pretty sure is something to do with the IBT belt. I checked and cleaned all the sensors and all physically looks good. Do you know what specifically 94-311 is?

Thanks!

Sorry - Don't know what the 94-311 is - I just have the drum codes memorized because we've had a lot of those codes lately and problems with drums binding up.

In regards to the drum code, one of our tech's has told us there's a lubrication strip in the drum that's actually causing more problems than it fixes. He showed us how to open the drum up and pull that strip out to see if that helps, but I haven't had another one bind up on us to try it.

We did actually change cyan recently. Thanks. I stuck a new one in there and now I'm getting another error right on startup. 94-311. Which I'm pretty sure is something to do with the IBT belt. I checked and cleaned all the sensors and all physically looks good. Do you know what specifically 94-311 is?

Thanks!

94-311 is quite literally "Image Belt Transfer Error". I would first check your cleaning station. If it is backed up it can leave ink on the belt and throw the fault. You can also check the home position sensor on the outboard side of the belt. I think it needs to be on the top right side for the starting position. This is an annoying fault that can also be solved with shutting the press all the way down and bringing it back up again several times. If you can't get it to work after all of that you might be looking at a new IBT.

I should note like PrintIT I am also assuming the 800's codes and tendencies are like the 1000's.

Good luck!

Thanks or the info. I watched the belt upon startup and the belt never advances before I get the error. I would think the belt should start to move in search of the home position. Do you know if the belt is supposed to turn right away on power up?

Sorry for the delay, I checked this morning on startup. The belt doesn't immediately rotate. You'll hear various motors fire up, then the stackers (if you have them) and then when the machine goes into Adjust Image Quality is when the belt actually started to move. So it sounds like the machine might not know where your belt is before that time. Let me know if you have this resolved!

so apparently after 3 tries and faults to reset the belt, you have to go in and reset the nvm or it will never clear this error. we went ahead and replaced the ibt belt and reset the nvm. Still not sure what was causing the original IBT fault, but all is happy now and printing again. Thanks to all for your help!

Probably couldn't read the reflective patch on the underside of the IBT Belt.

so apparently after 3 tries and faults to reset the belt, you have to go in and reset the nvm or it will never clear this error. we went ahead and replaced the ibt belt and reset the nvm. Still not sure what was causing the original IBT fault, but all is happy now and printing again. Thanks to all for your help!

Ah yes, that makes sense. I just had something similar with a dispense motor fault. I'm assuming since those things are supposed to be a technician's fix the PCUI wants to make sure a tech actually did it. Glad you have it fixed, thanks for sharing your final results!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back