konica minolta 1100

had a trial on textuerd hammer card 250 gsm , but printing was not proper, and also pvc card 300 microns werent running on this machine , anyone can share light on the problem .

I'll bite .... We don't have a C1100 but we do have a C1085 which is the same family from KM, same build but with lower print speed of 85 copies a minute instead of 100 copies a minute.

Textured card I have used is a Conqueror Brilliant White Laid stock I have no problems with. We trialled a pvc electrostatic stock and print quality and gloss were absolutely brilliant.

The only downside I have we use a 300gsm matt stock and the solid ink sections are not good, but having said that using the same stock range in less gsm weights the print results are perfect, so we just waiting for the followup training from KM which comes a couple of months after the install to find out how we can get this 300gsm to print better. KM have an answer for everything and a "Workaround". Nothing has stopped us dead in the water yet with the C1085.

hi thanks for the input but kindly guide me for the fine tunning on the settings wen u hit the textured and pvc media,

For the PVC gloss electrostatic stock I didn't do anything other than the norm, I made a paper profile based on a 250gsm gloss stock and printed it. No adjustments to anything manually in the press. The result was very good.

For the textured stock or any heavyweight stock you can manually adjust the upper and lower fuser heat settings and allocate this settings to the paper profile. The max increase is +20 for all 6 fuser adjustment areas, so experiment and increase your fuser heat settings.

There is also a minimum is -15 for lower fuser adjustment. We reduce the fuser temp for pre-diecut labels on the lower fuser area by -15 so the little printed die cut stickers don't melt off their A4 backing sheet after they been through the fuser. It also helps to reduce the paper weight in the paper profile for die cut labels which reduces the fuser heat setting. Bit of trial and error to get the right settings and don't forget to add them to the paper profile so next time that you use that stock the settings are included.

We only have a C1085, but the print engine is similar to a C1100 which does 15 sheets more per minute than our C1085 does.

Last edited:
After the Training we received today from a KM Trainer I now think you will need to have a KM Trainer show you the extra features which allow more control over all stocks as well as textured stocks and Linen Board.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back