Printing high quality books

marlews

Hello, I have been doing research on the internet about digital printing presses. We want to beat competition with better quality and speed. I have a question about these more productive color presses, like Xerox Versant 2100, ImagePress c800 or even [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]imagePRESS C10000VP.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They are productive, all-right. We can guarantee quick service with automated workflows, suitable and thought-out logistics and software. Am I right? But something bothers me about quality. I want to ask from real users, not from printer sellers. [/FONT]
Are you pleased with the quality of printed photographs, for example? I don't know how to formalize my question better. sorry.
And I would be pleased any other comments of feedback about these machines.
Thank you very much.

We are very happy with our Versant 2100. Great uptime, consistent colours and fast. I really like the setup with the Versant, the stock library is fantastic for keeping profiles on the various papers used, plus the control for each stock is great. Love this machine! Print quality is good, skin tones look great, all in all best digital press we have owned.

We have a Xerox 700, 770, and 2100. All are the same quality in my opinion, but colors vary between the machines even after calibration. The 2100's registration is tight, though. Both front-to-back and sheet-to-sheet. After I setup the alignment profile to the paper, I put the proof under an eye loop and the skew was less than half a millimeter. It is a beast. I was familiar with the Fiery RIP already, but Xerox sent someone from out of town for three days just to train me on the machine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back