Flap printing on Versant 80

Stickman42

Recently had 2 Versant 80's installed. Have run a few #10's - so far so good. Next project is to print on the flap of an A7 envelope. Anyone have any experience they can share regarding loading of the envelopes and flap open or closed?

I assume they would need to run face down to print on the flap. I have not had much luck printing envelopes face down.

We run A-7 envelopes all the time. Run them Face up printing with the flap open, thats the only way to do it, and let us know if that works on your Versant.

Recently had 2 Versant 80's installed. Have run a few #10's - so far so good. Next project is to print on the flap of an A7 envelope. Anyone have any experience they can share regarding loading of the envelopes and flap open or closed?

Thanks all. I cannot yet run the job (waiting for OK), but should be in a week or so. In the meantime, our Xerox trainer came by today. We ran just a few through tray 5 (bypass), flap closed and facing up. They went through. Not sure yet how that will work in the full run with regards to jamming, but at least I have an idea of what to try.

Have not printed on a flap yet on our 2100. Curious to see how well you run printing on the flaps and if you open the flaps or just flip over and run that way.

The Xerox trainer was here the other day and I asked about this. Kind of a conundrum. She said to always run with flaps down and never with flaps open, but we should be able to print on the flap! In any event, we successfully ran a few from tray 5 (bypass), flaps closed and up, fold edge leading. I expect to run my job later next week. Will report back.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back