Xerox J75 - mottle in solid areas

jpfulton248

Just got a used J75 and we are seeing pretty poor quality in solid areas. Probably could be refered to as mottle. Just kind of splotchy. Barely have tested and a tech is coming Monday for orientation type stuff so I'll be asking to address this. So far it had been noticed on 65lb accent opaque. Has anybody had this problem?

Yes, I have had this issue as well. It is mostly solved with profiling the stock using the transfer percentage. Uncoated/lightly coated stocks, low humidity and productivity mode will exacerbate the issue.

You can try incresing the GSM on your paper settings or increase the transfer percentage. Solids on Digital presses are very difficult to print.

We had 2 techs out here today. One was the computer type guy and he profiled paper using our spectro that he eventually got working. The other guy is more the nuts and bolts guy and he ordered parts to replace the developer, transfer roller and transfer belt (I think I have all of that right). He'll come back to install either tomorrow or Monday and hopefully that does the trick.

We were previously outsourcing all of our color work so we have samples of much of this artwork that we can compare to. Our stuff was previously run on a Nexpress and a Canon C10000. Both looked very nice. I realize both of those machines are very expensive and high end but still I feel like our quality should at least get kind of close to what we were getting before.

We had 2 techs out here today. One was the computer type guy and he profiled paper using our spectro that he eventually got working. The other guy is more the nuts and bolts guy and he ordered parts to replace the developer, transfer roller and transfer belt (I think I have all of that right). He'll come back to install either tomorrow or Monday and hopefully that does the trick.

We were previously outsourcing all of our color work so we have samples of much of this artwork that we can compare to. Our stuff was previously run on a Nexpress and a Canon C10000. Both looked very nice. I realize both of those machines are very expensive and high end but still I feel like our quality should at least get kind of close to what we were getting before.

Versant 80 is top of the line right now. If you need a refurbished Versant at great deals? Message me. :)

On uncoated sheets it can simply be moisture content. If you get it on a coated sheet it's likely developer, but can be a weak drum. It only takes one color to mess up the whole look. Make yourself a test sheet with CMYK blocks at 50% going across it. You will quickly see which unit has the problem. We run some great solids on the J75, but toward the end of developer life it becomes a problem.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back