A Printer for Photobook,Children's Books

adurkia

Hello Friends

I'm very new in the printing world and is seeking some advise on what model of printer to choose. I want to print low volume children's books, budget is around 30k-50k USD

Much thanks in advance.

I was going to stitch and bind with the fastbind equipment, inline would speed things up right but are there limitations ?

You can use any vendor's latest entry-level machine for that kind of work. KM 1060, Ricoh 5100 or the Versant 80 will produce almost the same results (your clients will definitely won't tell the difference). These machines produce image quality which surpass the average customer's expectations, and can be operated on the cheap. The hard part is the finishing, which is very expensive to automate - a semi-automatic line can bite 150K IMHO.

Thank you so much for the advice, I think I may have to start finishing the product manually.

How about in terms of quality ? running cost and reliability ?are most of the brands identical ?

How many sheets are the books going to be? On the Ricoh 5100 you can add a Plockmatic booklet maker which will do 30 sheets for a 120 page book. If you want want bigger than that on the Ricoh 7110 you can get a Plockmatic which can do 50 sheets or a 200 page book.

Are you going to want a full bleed on any of the pages?

Hello msaeger, I am reading about the Plockmatic booklet maker you've suggested for the post above, and I am curious if it is an internal add-on, or a whole new booklet finishing unit? I just had to do 100 books which were 86 pages including cover and could not do it with the current booklet finisher that is installed on my machine, so that is why I am curious.
And thanks for your reply earlier about the fan unit for the finisher, in another post. The guys installed it yesterday and it went together rather easily.

The Plockmatic BK5010e is the one that goes on the 5100 it is another finishing device. It can be configured several ways depending on what you want to do and how much you want to spend. I really like them over the saddle stitch units Integrated into the finisher but they are more expensive and take more space.

Good to hear they got the fan on there and it is working.

https://goo.gl/images/M0Edq1

The Plockmatic BK5010e is the one that goes on the 5100 it is another finishing device. It can be configured several ways depending on what you want to do and how much you want to spend. I really like them over the saddle stitch units Integrated into the finisher but they are more expensive and take more space.

Good to hear they got the fan on there and it is working.

https://goo.gl/images/M0Edq1

That's a good idea. The performance of the Plockmatic BK5010e was great. It will be save your cost effectively. If you want to save more cost, you can try use many printing service. I open 24 hours Digital Printing service in Indonesia if you want :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back