Versant 2100 13" x 26" revisited

Just ordered the kit. The checkout process was a little sketchy and the shipping was $56. If its just a fiery activation code I should just be able to do a fiery backup before just incase. What could possibly go wrong. lol. My paper catalog and my fiery both already let me set 26" sheets so I think this has a good possibility of working.

Are you in the USA? If so, I am extremely anxious to hear of your results.

What do you mean by THEM? When you purchase it are you not given the activation code that you can input yourself in Webtools Manage Fiery Options?

I don't think any of us here except Haunts here have this option activated, so getting the 13" x 19" paper size is yet to be determine.

By THEM i mean a xerox engineer applied the activation code, we were not given the code straight away when the machine was installed, it took a couple of weeks. Oh and there was no extra parts fitted to the machine it was just the activation code.

And i'm not sure why you don't except that we can print this size, is it because i didn't reply straight away? If you would like me to post some print pictures on the wider sheet i would be happy to.

Last edited:
By THEM i mean a xerox engineer applied the activation code, we were not given the code straight away when the machine was installed, it took a couple of weeks. Oh and there was no extra parts fitted to the machine it was just the activation code.

And i'm not sure why you don't except that we can print this size, is it because i didn't reply straight away? If you would like me to post some print pictures on the wider sheet i would be happy to.

I except that you can print that size. What I was wondering was how you ordered it and if you were given the activation code or if Xerox and a tech took care of it all.

Just ordered the kit. The checkout process was a little sketchy and the shipping was $56. If its just a fiery activation code I should just be able to do a fiery backup before just incase. What could possibly go wrong. lol. My paper catalog and my fiery both already let me set 26" sheets so I think this has a good possibility of working.

Thank you. Saves me from being the guinea pig this time. Be sure and let us know how it works out.

Physical paper size, are you going to cut down a 25x38 sheet to get the 13 x 26? I can print upto 13 x 27.5 on my Ricoh but I can't find anyone with that paper size.

28x40 sheet will give you 3 out grain short with only 4% waste. Either you cut it or ask your paper distributor to cut it.

Thank you. Saves me from being the guinea pig this time. Be sure and let us know how it works out.

The whole package was a sheet of paper with a code and instructions. It seemed to work for the couple sheets that I tested. I don't know how my tech will react when he finds out.

The whole package was a sheet of paper with a code and instructions. It seemed to work for the couple sheets that I tested. I don't know how my tech will react when he finds out.

Great, keep us posted on how consistent the alignment registration is, etc. How heavy of a paper have you tried?

Your tech should have a bulletin about this. They told me that Xerox US won't support it so your probably on your own if you have any problems. Looks like I might give it a shot as well. Did you order it from the site I posted?

Great, keep us posted on how consistent the alignment registration is, etc. How heavy of a paper have you tried?

Your tech should have a bulletin about this. They told me that Xerox US won't support it so your probably on your own if you have any problems. Looks like I might give it a shot as well. Did you order it from the site I posted?

yes the site you posted. the sheet i tested was 13x24 100# coated cover. It only let me set it to 220 gsm but still worked. I just ordered a second one for my second machine.

yes the site you posted. the sheet i tested was 13x24 100# coated cover. It only let me set it to 220 gsm but still worked. I just ordered a second one for my second machine.

You would think that the activation code you put in for one machine (fiery) would work on the other machine as well?

You would think that the activation code you put in for one machine (fiery) would work on the other machine as well?

no. it's like activating impose or compose or graphic arts premium. Actually registers with fiery. It's the new thing they use instead of dongles.

I tried to buy it from the website but the checkout keeps coming up unsuccessful. Tried to call the number... no answer. JRSC- Did they send you any contact info that you can share?

thanks

have any pictures of the setup? Anything hardware wise added to the 2100 or was it all software?

I wish those in the parts of the world where it is official supported by Xerox would be willing to talk about this. Those in the parts of the world where it is not officially supported by Xerox probably should keep quite.

I wish those in the parts of the world where it is official supported by Xerox would be willing to talk about this. Those in the parts of the world where it is not officially supported by Xerox probably should keep quite.

About that. What do you mean when you say officially supported by Xerox?? As Xerox is the one who enabled this in their engine, with the .81 engine software, I feel like they are supporting it. It is Fiery that is limiting it. All this does is enable it in the Fiery. When we bought other add-ons for our Fiery's Xerox had me go straight to EFI to get the codes.

About that. What do you mean when you say officially supported by Xerox?? As Xerox is the one who enabled this in their engine, with the .81 engine software, I feel like they are supporting it. It is Fiery that is limiting it. All this does is enable it in the Fiery. When we bought other add-ons for our Fiery's Xerox had me go straight to EFI to get the codes.

What does your tech say about it?

What does your tech say about it?

Not much. He had been telling me for a long, long time that it should be able to do it. We have the only Versant they have ever seen, and I showed where they advertised 660mm, and his comment was that we should get it soon enough.

Check post #11 and others. Only the most current software needed on SLM and Print Engine.

Your tech should have a service bulletin on this. The best way to get the information you want is from him. It is best to have your service tech onboard if you want to order and install the XLS printing option.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back