Canon C700 v. KM C1070 v. Ricoh 5100

ErieMon

My company does in house printing of about 30K and growing per month - looking to kick our disappointing Ricoh C700ex to the curb. We do a lot of booklets on 120 gsm and lots of post cards flyers etcetera ranging from 180 to 270 gsm - We also do a fair number of envelopes. Registration is important to us as is the ability to print on textured stock. We are looking at the KM C1070, Canon C700 & Ricoh 5100 > we have chosen these three brands because we are aware of their service ability in the area. We have been very disappointed in our current Ricoh machine making us hesitant on using them again, but there service has been reasonably responsive, usually within 1 day. Both Canon and KM promise faster response times. Ricoh has come in slightly lower on price, Canon and KM are almost identical.

I am looking for any input regarding your experience with dependability and performance on these machines.

If you're into textured stocks, then the Ricoh 5100 would be my bet. I've seen very impressive prints on very rough materials made with that machine. Also on Tyvek. And don't forget the ability to print banners (1200 mm long). For average coated stock, the KM would be even better, but on structured paper it falls short behind the Ricoh.

Thanks for the input. The Ricoh does do a great job on texture. The Canon also did a decent job on texture but it doesn't seem to be able to handle smaller sized envelopes and that is important to me as well. I haven't received a sample of texture of the KM, only a verbal that they could handle texture...I guess I better verify with a sample.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back