Profiling Papers....

kdw75

Just curious how many papers others profile. I had previously profiled on 20# bond, Satin/Matte, and Gloss, but I am thinking that it may be a waste to do both the coated sheets. From my understanding of profiling, the paper shade variation is more important to accurate colors with a profile than the texture.

I don't use many papers, but if it's something commonly used, why not have a profile for it.

Any new material that comes in that i haven't used, Either if i know i have spares (I.e on a roll) I'll do a profile. IF its on a rigid substrate i might do one depending on how big the job is and if there's any wastage.
But most rigid substrates that i print on i supply, and if i supply them, it means i've got a profile on them.

My question would be for you is what type of printing are you doing? Offset or inkjet? It is important to profile multiple papers and weights used on high speed aqueous inkjet machines is based on paper shade differences as well as ink absorption. Lighter weight papers would be profiled at a different tac limit than the heavier 70# and cardstocks. It is important to profile each paper and weight as there could be ink savings as well as to avoid any curl or cockle issues which can cause inline finishing issues. So for inkjet, the more papers profiled the more accurate the color and ink savings.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back