Printer for Printing on Kraft Paper Bags

xprinting

Hello, I am looking to start printing goody bags like in the attached photo any suggestions on printers that would work for this type of project and that I would be able to feed multiple bags in the feeder? I would like to print in color and black/white.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• photo5852.jpg
    photo5852.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 911
  • photo5853.jpg
    photo5853.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 387
  • photo5854.jpg
    photo5854.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:
As long as you're just talking B&W, this can be done quite easily with any high speed b & w ink jet addressing system with a shuttle or friction feed such as a (Kirk-Rudy, MCS, Video-Jet, Buskro, etc.)

At that small of a volume, I would think just about any desk top office color laser with a straight thru paper path would do the trick (Oki, HP, Cannon, etc.)
It may be frustrating, and, you may have to fight it, and, remove some jams, but, for only 50 finished bags, it's probably do-able.
Just make sure you feed it sealed-end first.

I would like to start off small and move up, so the next best thing from a laser jet printer (which I tried and it jammed even through the manual feed) would be great, as I would like to start a small business doing them..

Two questions:

(1) What's the average physical size of the bag?
(2) On the sealed end of the bag, is it a square bottom, or a "V" bottom?

The V bottom should run on anything that runs envelopes (Versant 2100, Versant 80, Xante, etc.) The square bottoms may pose a problem, however. I only see those running on something like an cartridge-based inkjet device

Should you be aware of (yes) and concerned with (possibly) any regulatory and legal obligations for food packaging, even if indirect contact/packaging?

Stephen Marsh

I have had customers show me ones they printed on a Ricoh 7110 but that may be too much for what volume you are talking.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back