Most Interesting VDP Design or Application

PricelineNegotiator

Hi,

I'm sure a lot of you guys handle VDP jobs, and I was wondering if you had any examples or stories of the coolest VDP application or design you have seen.

OK, this is perhaps not the “most interesting” VDP tool out there, however the VariableImporter script for Illustrator has made the Illustrator XML based variables accessible to all users by allowing the source file to be a standard tab or comma separated text file (rather than XML). No need for coding XML. No need to use a third party conversion utility to convert text files to XML. There is a lot of power and functionality in this script. Why create variable data in Illustrator? One can use all of Illustrator’s creative effects such as the appearance panel properties and live effects on dynamic text, control visibility of objects and import variable graph data.

http://prepression.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/illustrator-variableimporter-script.html

Stephen Marsh

Stephen,
I would have to agree with you 100%. I have just started playing with this script in the last couple of days, and I can see the potential of this script.
Now I only wished I knew Illustrator better. I also wish there was something like this for charts.

Paul

Well, I don't know if this is the coolest VDP application but a couple of months ago we did some table cards/place holders for a wedding. It had a Las Vegas theme so they wanted playing cards. The suit represented the table 'number' and the back of the card had the name of the guest. What was really neat, below their name there was a poker chip that represented what they wanted/ordered for dinner - yellow chip was chicken, red was filet and green was vegetarian. Of course, if it was a couple, there was two chips. There was 100 cards printed on 80lb gloss cover with rounded corners using FusionPro and Xerox C75.

For the coolest VDP application? in my mind is SmartVizor variable data printing software. We use SmartVizor for card and label print, and the imposition function for cutting.

Oh the coolest thing is Use the VDP software create PDF file with variable data and send the PDF files to the digital printer such as HP indigo or some else, this can make a Digital printing machine as a variable data printer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back