Ink savings of 15% reported using OnColor ECO from ProImage

"The thought of running a 15% thinner ink film does not appeal to me"

I belive the idea behind this (and other ink saving software) is the implemetation of GCR to levels that will remove expensive CMY tones in the nuetrals and replace them with "cheaper" black ink. It makes printing easier due to less of a need for balancing CMY nuetrals as critically because the CMY have been reduced and replaced with black. The ink flim (density) applied is not any less, it just doesn't get removed as quickly, hence saving ink, the ink only goes where it is really needed.

This sounds like the opposite of what indigo is doing in their digital presses. Because they charge per color laid down, they have a system that only uses cmy for color work to save money on the K click charge. Seems like printing is at a stage of finding efficiencies vs. innovations and new products.

No Title

This sounds like the opposite of what indigo is doing in their digital presses. Because they charge per color laid down, they have a system that only uses cmy for color work to save money on the K click charge. Seems like printing is at a stage of finding efficiencies vs. innovations and new products.

Hello AP90,

This is the EPM no?

HP indigo has a ink save too. Do you work on it? If you want some information let me know

Attachments

• photo5763.png
    photo5763.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 192

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back