Booklet maker suggestions.

AP90

I will be looking into taking our booklet making offline sometime in the future. My question is is there a booklet maker that will automatically feel collated pages? I know most you can manually insert collated sheets into most booklet makers, but haven't found any that feed stacks. I don't want to go with a tower system just for the fact I don't have much space and it's just more things to go wrong. So I'm looking for a booklet maker where I can set a stack of say 1000 sheets in and it will make a booklet out of every 6 sheets, ect. Thanks.

We have an offline CP-Bourg stitcher that runs collated - Runs pretty solid. A few service calls here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary.
Comes right off the digital machines and scores, stitches and trims 3 sides in one pass.

Yes, there are at least 3 manufacturers that I know of that do this.

As Craig says Plockmatic / Morgana (same company now) offer one. This probably has the least number of commercial printer installs by a long way, although that may now change with the Morgana take over. Much more of an "office" type looking product, not that that is necessarily a bad thing. It's also very slow compared with the other 2, especially if you want in-line creasing. I quite like the product and it is on my radar (for an additional system, we already have the Horizon) as it can do some things that the Horizon cannot.

Horizon do the HOF400 and you can connect that into a Stitchliner or an SPF200A or L. Monster fast, requires 3 phase & a fair bit of space. It works very well, with some caveats. This is the system we use. It does set integrity via a camera system. I did a little write up of this system in a separate thread in answer to a similar question, just do a search if interested.

Duplo do a similar system. We used to have a lot of Duplo kit, but did not like the product quality and TCO. Even more expensive than the Horizon system. Also does set integrity, but as a very expensive add-on.

I hope that helps. Be sitting down when you get the quotes.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back