Phase converter

kyprinter

Can any one help me with information on using a Variable Frequency Drive as a phase converter on printing and binding equipment? I know that a lot of people use them on wood working tools when 3 phase power is unavailable but I need to know if all of the electronics in modern printing equipment would be a problem with using one. It seems that every piece of equipment I need in the shop is 3 phase and I can't get it at my location. Does anyone have suggestions for this problem. I have been needing a floor model folder, perfect binder etc.
Thanks

Baum can build their 2020 to single phase. We had it done to our in our old building when we bought it.

Thanks for the response Craig – We had a new cutter from Challenge converted to single phase by the dealer when we bought it many years ago but at the moment, I'm more interested in what I can do about used equipment

I built a phase converter using a 10hp motor and run capacitors. Voltage was always different between the 3 legs, and balancing it was hard. Even when I balanced the 3 legs with nothing attached, adding a machine would impact the amount of capacitors I needed to keep the legs balanced. I used it on a 50 year old paper cutter with no electronics (just relays and contacts) and would NEVER use it on modern electronics.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back