Machine for Scoring

jpfulton248

Anybody have advice on a piece of equipment that can be used for scoring 10/12pt coated stock for the purpose of running through a bookletmaker (to prevent the spine from cracking)? We currently have a Baum Ultrafold 714 but I've been told that it probably won't work well for what we want and it's not rated for anything past 65lb cover.

In the first few years of ownership I don't picture us having to score more than 10,000 sheets per year. We'd probably be looking in the used market. Anybody have suggestions on options that might work for us?

Buy a used Rollem Machine on eBay. I have two of these machines. Set it and leave it. it will work for ever. Make sure you get a clean one. You can even send it to rolle for cleanup and new set of scoring wheels for few hundred dollars.
Option B is Duplo 645 auto machine. It is expensive but it will do much more than you think.

Good lUck.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back