punching preprinted through machine

CBSprinter

I ran a job on Canon C6010 2 up on 11x17 and cut it down to 8.5 X 11. Now I'm trying to punch the sheets 44 hole by sending them through inserter trays on Canon 135. This will avoid clicks on machine. For some reason the 80# text is a bit wavy and keeps jamming before it gets to gbc unit. Afraid it will "ghost" if I run preprinted sheets through paper trays. What can I do to make this work ? I do not have a offline puncher just FYI. Thanks.

I have a xerox 1000i instead of a canon, so it might apply differently than you. But I ran a booklet job 2 up, cut and then reran through to make into booklets. Put in a 4 page blank document to run the booklets. After the first one, I checked and wasn't charged a click for it. I was pretty happy about that. It was worth it to eat the clicks for re running the booklet, but made it even better since I wasn't charged. Hopefully it works out for you!

Really? No charge? Thats strange!

You should be charge for a black click at least!

I have a xerox 1000i instead of a canon, so it might apply differently than you. But I ran a booklet job 2 up, cut and then reran through to make into booklets. Put in a 4 page blank document to run the booklets. After the first one, I checked and wasn't charged a click for it. I was pretty happy about that. It was worth it to eat the clicks for re running the booklet, but made it even better since I wasn't charged. Hopefully it works out for you!

That's what I thought but hey, I'm all for it! Hopefully some xerox guy on here doesn't report me now lol. And maybe the new 1000i's are smart enough to let you do it and realize it doesn't actually cost anything. Who knows

I dunno about the 1000i, but our Oce B&W equipment allows every paper tray to work as an insert tray and bypasses the fuser. Maybe the 1000i has a similar feature you weren't aware of?

As for punching on the Canon, if it doesn't work from the insert tray I doubt it will work from the paper trays. You could try flipping the stock over and running it upside down, but otherwise you might need to contact a bindery or Kinko's/Office Depot/etc.

Our DC242 doesn't register any clicks for blank sheets either. I use it the odd time to decurl single sided cards before trimming.

I know most printers love to punch in-line but sometimes it pays to punch off-line. The Sterling Digipunch can handle the work of multiple digital engines with automatic set up.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back