Illustrator CC 2015 GPU performance feature

Macmann

When I launch Illustrator it tells me I need to upgrade to Windows 8 in order to take advantage of enhanced performance using my current graphics card (AMD Radeon HD 6570). Is there a video card out there that will access these enhanced performance features and let me keep using Windows 7 Enterprise? Management will not be making the leap to version 8 for a while yet, so am I stuck with less than optimal performance? What are the rest of you prepress pilots doing?

I would not even give Win 8 a second thought. Win 10 is out next week and is what Win 8 should have been.

Windows 7 should be able to take advantage of this, it is more the gpu that you have.
[h=3]Windows[/h]

• Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 processor
  • Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
  • 1 GB of RAM (3 GB recommended) for 32 bit; 2 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended) for 64 bit
  • 2 GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)
  • 1024 x 768 display (1280 x 800 recommended)
  • To view Illustrator in HiDPI mode, your monitor must support a resolution of 1920 x 1080 or more. For more information, see Enhanced Windows Support: HiDPI devices.
  • OpenGL 4.x
  • To use the new Touch workspace in Illustrator, you must have a touch screen enabled tablet/monitor running Windows 8.1. (Microsoft Surface Pro 3 recommended).
  • Optional: To use GPU Performance: (NVIDIA video adapter listed below (medium/high-end recommended); 1 GB of VRAM (2 GB recommended); and latest drivers for optimal performance
  • The following video adapter series support the new Windows GPU Performance features in Illustrator:

NVIDIA

• NVIDIA Quadro K Series
  • NVIDIA Quadro 6xxx
  • NVIDIA Quadro 5xxx
  • NVIDIA Quadro 4xxx
  • NVIDIA Quadro 2xxx
  • NVIDIA Quadro 2xxxD
  • NVIDIA Quadro 6xx
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX Series (4xx, 5xx, 6xx, 7xx, Titan)
Important: Microsoft Windows may not detect the availability of the latest device drivers for NVIDIA GPU cards. To get the latest GPU card device drivers, browse to
- Quadro series: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/86066/en-us.
- Other series: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Yeah I saw that list as well. There were AMD and Intel cards on there too. What I was hoping to find out was which of the listed cards are supported on the Windows 7 platform.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back