Acrobat 11 link no longer working

kaiserwilhelm

For the past six or so months, I have used the following link to download Acrobat 11 instead of that atrocious Acrobat DC.
Now it is no longer working.
Anybody know how to download Acrobat 11 anymore? I do NOT want a window staying open in the background like in DC. Many other features that DC brings that cause me and my staff a lot of pain. We want to stay with 11 until they pry it from our dead, cold, hand.
https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/acrobat?version=11.0.0

FYI I got it to work. I had to uninstall a few times prior.
I wonder if Adobe will ever listen to us about DC? I have been in the business for 25 years now. I have never hated a product as much as I do, DC. That goes not only for my team, but our other teams in two separate states. In fact, they bought me dinner when I found the link to uninstall DC and go back to 11.

Short answer is no they will not listen about DC because they think they know better than you do what you need. Plus they say it is built for todays "knowledge worker"...blah, blah, blah.

Why do you need to keep downloading it? Do you not have the installer from the last time you installed? Maybe it is sitting on a backup somewhere?

I like DC, outside of that window that pops up all the time. Fast, I love the new layout and design and for my needs works much better then previous.

Short answer is no they will not listen about DC because they think they know better than you do what you need. Plus they say it is built for todays "knowledge worker"...blah, blah, blah.

Joe. I wish I could double or triple like this.

Why do you need to keep downloading it? Do you not have the installer from the last time you installed? Maybe it is sitting on a backup somewhere?

I like DC, outside of that window that pops up all the time. Fast, I love the new layout and design and for my needs works much better then previous.

The way CC installs, it does not allow you to see the download file anywhere. I work with very large PDFs with live names and changes to the art for our digital web presses. We live in a Pantone friendly and live transparency environment. As such, I need to be able to open up Separations Preview (output preview) and see that the Pantones are correct. This makes Acrobat mad sometimes and simply throwing out the preferences does not fix it.
As to my disgust with the product. Beyond the background window that is constantly there is the childish "save other" option, etc. Had they bothered to have a focus group with actual power users, they would not have released it this way.

I don't think you need the serial number until installation. I wasn't logged into my CC account when I tried the download a few minutes ago.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back