Adobe PDF file is damaged. How can it be fixed?

moody

One of our staff created a PDF file and for some reason it is damaged. I tried to open it with Adobe Acrobat Pro, but no luck. It is a VERY important manual. Any help would be appreciated.

Where's the source file?
If it's a VERY important file there must be backups somewhere, right?

If you want us to help we need more information . . basically what you said is . . . my car is broke, It won't start . . . can you tell me whats wrong?

If you fix it, how can you be sure it's fixed? What if you miss something?

Last edited:
pretty vague question, what program made the pdf file? as mentioned, try it again, if its from a microsoft product print it to pdf dont export it, or, print to xps, then save as pdf.

What means this error?

Attachments

• MyFileQ1.jpg
    MyFileQ1.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 210
I would try opening it in Illustrator... we have had files before that gave error messages and were able to open the file in Illustration.

I've gone that route also on occasion, usually when the customer can't seem to do anything but the same thing over again. I know it's frowned upon, but sometimes Illy is your last resort. Just watch the fonts, they might change if the PDF didn't have them outlined.

Well unless you can find another copy that is not corrupted or you can find a program that can repair the file you are out of luck. The file is so large, they probably should have made to books out of the file. For example volume one and two....
what pdf recovery tools have you used?
pdf recovery tool is supposed to be pretty good. http://www.pdf.recoverytoolbox.com/

Oh yes I just can't go on without this knowledge . . . lol . . either that or . . . I just didn't close the browser window . . .

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back