Adding a disclaimer or proof page to a PDF preset

TLPSfremantle

Hi all,

is there a simpler way or automated way that when i create a PDF from indesign etc, i can have it automatically add our PROOF checklist file or information? at the moment i'm combining PDF's with our checklist file, but is there a way i can create a PDF preset to either add the information as a disclaimer? or some other automated way?

Cheers

Obviously automating the placement of the checklist into InDesign would stop the problem at the source, such as using a script or a template etc. However you may prefer to do this at the PDF…

Dealing with the PDF: Semi-automated as in using Enfocus PitStop Pro, or even better fully automated via – Enfocus PitStop Server? Yes! Or perhaps using Enfocus Switch. Yes again! Or semi-automated using Acrobat Pro and an Action Wizard. Yes! This could also be automated using Automator on the Mac using Folder Actions. I’m pretty sure that Callas pdfToolBox could probably do the same as well. I am also pretty sure that Kodak Prinergy could do this too. There are many options!

I have a sample action list for PitStop Pro/Server that adds the VIGC PDF Viewer Check before the first page of a PDF. I also have the same VIGC file setup in an Acrobat Pro Action Wizard file. This essentially does the same thing.

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back