Links Info in ID inconsistent when showing ICC profile

Gregg

Within the Links Info of the Links palette, the ICC Profile doesn't give consistent/accurate details. For example, I have an interior book file that has 20 links, all of which have the PSO Uncoated ISO 12647 (ECI) profile embedded. Out of the 20 links, only one of them lists that profile in the Links Info. The remaining 19 links list "Document CMYK". Have noticed this for several years and many different version of ID.

Any ideas? Screen Shot 2016-02-05 at 8.18.32 AM.png.jpg

I'm guessing that under Object > Image Color Settings... most of the links are set to "Use Document Default," and the exceptional links are set to use their embedded profile. I believe it always reads "override" if a profile for the link was chosen in Indesign that is not embedded in the file.

Gregg,

As Kyle says, going to that Menu will allow you to override whatever profile has been assigned to your image(s) just as Right-Clicking on the selected image, hoping to Graphics > Image Color Settings will but probably a better way of handling this is through the Color Settings dialogue - Edit > Color Settings. Set your Working Spaces to whatever your preference is (in this case PSO Uncoated ISO 12647 for CMYK) and then choose "Preserve Embedded Profiles". If you leave it at the default it will "Preserve Numbers (Ignore Linked Profiles)" essentially rendering your image as untagged CMYK data and therefore 'assigned' the Document default for the chosen Color Settings. If, for example, this is Europe General Purpose 3 the default profile would be Coated FOGRA39 (ISO 12647-2:2004) and that's how it will be rendered on screen. What happens on output is another question altogether.

Mark

I wouldn't think any of this would apply if I have disabled CM within InDesign, which I have and had before this document was created. Probably should have mentioned that earlier.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back