Bodoni PressSign

Bigbadlee

Hi guys,

Our 'Senior Team' have decided that we need colour management on our presses starting with our SM74 5 col.

I have been trained with the Heidelberg Prinect system during my press training but our company never purchased it. So this appears to be along the same lines?

Any information and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys.

Lee Laws

No, I don't think pressSIGN is the same as Prinect. pressSIGN is a QC tool and can also be implemented as an inexpensive press control system.

PM me and I can run a demo for you.

Thanks rich,

The installation took place today and everything seemed fine until I asked the million dollar question...
Can the recommended changes to the ink profiles be sent to the press via the CP2000 module....answer..no!

For me, having worked with the Prinect Axis Control with the ink follow up control system, I was very dissappointed.

We can read the colour bar with the X-rite scanner but the changes to the ink profiles still have to be done manually. Am I missing something with this sofware?

Cheers guys

Thanks rich,

The installation took place today and everything seemed fine until I asked the million dollar question...
Can the recommended changes to the ink profiles be sent to the press via the CP2000 module....answer..no!

For me, having worked with the Prinect Axis Control with the ink follow up control system, I was very dissappointed.

We can read the colour bar with the X-rite scanner but the changes to the ink profiles still have to be done manually. Am I missing something with this sofware?

Cheers guys

That's normal. X-rite or Teckhon provide measuring and monitoring system. Some QC softwares can work together with these systems like PressSign. If you want to use measured&monitored results for ink key correction, you should buy an online solutions like InkZone, Print Flow, RGS, EPG etc...(Lithec provides both hardware&software)
This means measuring system (easytrax, intellitrax or spectrodrive + measuring&monitoring software) + online connection solution (loop software and inkkey connection hardware) = Axis Control. PressSign stands for QC. You can scan PressSign QC scale manually or you can use more automated solution like i mentioned above.

If you spend about 15K euro more, Then system can control inkkeys too

Sorry Rich, I'm new to QC tools on presses. Which info have I missed out.....?

Ozkan...thanks for the in depth reply...much appreciated...

Thanks rich,

Cheers guys

Hi Bigbadlee!
There is a 25 thousand dollar answer to your million dollar question: Color Key Pro Press room color control system.
It contains: automatic ink key presetting with direct interfacing to the CP2000, colorbar and spot measurement option (spectral measurement device is needed: X-Rite, Techkon), closed loop correction and enhanced self-learning process calibration (controlling ink key opening, ductor, TVI curves, correction), real ONE-TOUCH inking upload, automatic quality report, applying any number of colorbars and process calibration sets for the different type of papers, inks, standards, and many other clever features. All this you can control on 1 touch screen display, within an intergrated system, on a clear, easy-to-use GUI. You don't need any other external software at all (neither the measurement software of the measurement device).
Check this videos: ColorKeyPro_Demo_Video.mp4 - YouTube and Day 7 at Drupa 2012 X-Rite - YouTube
Cheers,
Peter

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back