Spot color replacement on Caldera Grand Rip +

madsk

We are using a Caldera Grand Rip + for our HP Latex printer. We are trying to replace a spot color in a document to fine tune the output color.

We are using the Spot Color Processing tab, but none of our changes have any affect on the print at all.

We even tried to replace a Magenta with Cyan also without any affect.

Anybody have any experience with the Spot Color Processing tool on the Caldera Rip?

What color is it? Pantone, RAL, ...? Then Caldera has the L*a*b* values. For the most color accurate rendering, select absolute colorimetric, with an optimization. You can see if the color is in or out of gamut of your printer profile.

Caldera and spot colour replacement

Caldera and spot colour replacement

One thought. I don't know which version of the Caldera RIP you are using, or which colour space your input file is in, but if you have version 8 or earlier of the RIP and your file is in RGB, then the Spot Colour Replacement does not work (is not supported) in the RIP.

Should the above be the case, it can be solved by upgrading the RIP to version 9 - (or 9.1, which is the latest version). These versions *do* support Spot Colour Replacement on RGB files.

If it is not the case (i.e. you already have Version 9 or your file is not in RGB, please let me know ([email protected]) and I can ask the Caldera people - they are generally very helpful and responsive.

thanks
-rana-

Rana Raychoudhury
WW Principal Technical Consultant
Hewlett-Packard

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back