inkjet upgrade help

ar17

i will be upgrading my inkjet color proofing asap. the printer serves as my large format or poster printer for indoor use and also as for contract proof and guide for our offset printing. i've tested both the hpz5200 and the epson 9900 and i am having a hard time choosing which is the better option. i hope i get comments and help. i print offset premium magazines with the inkjet proof as the approved guides for mass production. thanks

Also posted here:

http://printplanet.com/forums/wide-format-inkjet-discussion/30389-upgrading-inkjet-proofer

Do you have a RIP? If so, does it currently work with both printers that you are considering? Is there an upgrade fee to work with either printer (perhaps a size license if the older printer was smaller)? Does the RIP support the media "out of the box" with calibration files and colour profiles that you will use with the printer/inkset? Are you licensed to create your own media calibration files and colour profiles?

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
Also posted here:

http://printplanet.com/forums/wide-format-inkjet-discussion/30389-upgrading-inkjet-proofer

Do you have a RIP? If so, does it currently work with both printers that you are considering? Is there an upgrade fee to work with either printer (perhaps a size license if the older printer was smaller)? Does the RIP support the media "out of the box" with calibration files and colour profiles that you will use with the printer/inkset? Are you licensed to create your own media calibration files and colour profiles?

Stephen Marsh

yes Sir, my colormanagement rip supports both printers, i just want to get help or opinion what will be the most viable option to ensure i get the best contract proofing solution. thanks

The Epson 9900 can have an online spectro (given that your proofing rip supports it) which makes proofer profiling/calibration much easier. That's what I use for SWOP/Gracol certified proofing here.

The z-series printers have online spectros, too. The spectros on the zX100 series printers only worked in patch mode, like the old spectrolino/spectroscan. The Epson devices work in strip reading mode, so much quicker to use.

I don't know about the z5200.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back