Monaco Profiler vs I1Profiler

indy jones

Should I upgrade from Monaco Profiler to I1profiler? I still use the DTP70 and I1 spectros. I know for sure that I1profiler does not support DTP70 anymore. I would like to get the Isis XL and I1 Pro 2. Besides the Spectros what are the advantages with the upgrades? We have a budget to purchase but I have to justify the upgrade.

Last edited:
Surprised no one has answered this yet.

I cannot give you a proper answer, Although I do use I1Profiler. I do have a copy of monaco given by a friend but i can never get it to view readings. (i dont use a Xrite spectro. I use barbieri devices.)

But from what i can say about i1p is it does give out good profiles. Not sure what you can do in monaco settings wise, but i1p does have some nice features.
If you just feel like upgrading for extra features then do it. If you're happy from what it produces, then stick with monaco, there's still people who use it!

I've recently upgraded to I1 profiler from Monaco. The only big difference is if you need the new GRACOL2013 M1 measurement numbers, there is support in the software. There is also cooler monitor profiling tools included.
Similar profiling software, new interface is OK but is different.
. I used a custom black generation in Monaco for profiles for better stability on press, but can't seem to match it with I1. No biggie, it's close enough and still does the job.
Keep in mind, if you need and/or want M1 data, new spectros would need purchased to get M1 measurements.
Not sure, but I think if you buy the right hardware, I1profiler would be included for free for monitor profiling. At least you could get a free tour with no functionality.

Off topic but I never realized how crap xrite devices are till I started using barieri. I shouldn't say xrite is crap, it is just "you get what you pay for".

I never used an Xrite device as it could never read through reflective media, I.e acrylic or glass. I went straight to the spectropad. Did the job well.
I do believe you get what you pay for with barbieri.
Sometimes i do think about getting an i1 pro just to have around, but I dont see no real benefit of having it around. Only real benefit is doing spot measurements and it works native with onyx doing spot measurements. The spectropad also does spot measurements on the device with no computer needed which is great or the LFP takes a little longer but very accurate.

Slightly on topic, even though the xrite device is "ok" to use, their program is upto the task. But as always, still looking for something, better? more options.

Never had a problem with gateway and the LFP. Even with gateway inside onyx (which is usually an issue) Try updating it.
I did have problems with the spectropad and gateway over wifi at times. Mostly with large ICC charts. But now i mostly do my ink restrictions with it as it's easier and quicker + the files are already on the spectropad so i just turn it on and measure.

So my current problem with gateway is this. I have a 12 page IT8 to scan in, page 7 messes up and I need to rescan it. How do I do that without starting over?

12 Page?? how big are your targets? how big are your pages?
an IT8 can fit on 1 page for the least, or 2.

I've had no real reason to use 8mm aperture.
Did you build your charts? did you remove all the stuff on the sides for the spectro swing and all the notes on the left?

In Gateway, if you mess up page 7 in your case. Can you continue onto page 8, 9 ect? if you can, do 8, then click page 7 and rescan that. If you can't and it freezes and closes. You should be able to recover the scans and contine where you left off. even if it continues to read page 7 and it's all over the place, continue on to 8, then go back and redo 7 by clicking the page at the top.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back