pAINtone? Anyone use Different....?

D Ink Man

Is anyone out there using any other color guides in lieu of the dreaded pMS?

TOYO guides (6 book editions) I imagine are a distant second to the, hate to say it, the leader. Are there any others, other than single special match colors assigned to a particular print job that are being used / utilized?

Thank you ahead.

D Ink Man

I get files with Pantone CV colors tagged - the industry is slow to change and with Pantone's marketing budget, good luck.

Thank you sir, I am glad that others see the wonderful virtues of pMS as I do.

D

What specifically are your issues with Pantone. I'm sure that printers and prepress folk have their issues but it would be interesting to here from the ink supplier side of the equation.

(Below is NOT D Ink Man, but a small ink supplier I recently visited. That's Magenta in the drum.)

Not%20D_Ink_Man_zpswvefgv9t.jpg

(Below is NOT D Ink Man, but a small ink supplier I recently visited. That's Magenta in the drum.)

Magenta!?.... Man I need to profile my monitor again.

I have no problem with Pantone. There are some gaps in their range but that's because they follow trends. They never set out to include every hue imaginable. I've had some jobs with SCOTDIC references.

I liked the idea of Pantone GOE but no one seems to use it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back