ColorPath Sync DLP and HP Smartstream Color Management Question

markb

Hello, I posted this in the Fujifilm section and thought I would also post here. We use Fuji's ColorPath Sync DLP product for color management on our HP Smartstream RIP for our HP Indigos. Fuji helps maintain / setup the color workflow and was just on site. We use this for G7 / GRACol target. Our operator has a question around the topic of prepress sets up a specific CMYK build and he sees that the build comes over to his press as a different build that I am assuming is because of the color management. We are having issues where we want to setup a CMYK Pantone Bridge build from a Pantone swatch book visual pick, but the build we hardcode into our file doesn't translate exactly to the specific build we configure in the files. Is this because of the DLP we have setup? If so, what do others do in this type of situation- use a hot folder that is not color managed via a DLP? Thanks for any info here.

The DLP should be color managing the CMYK values to what will match the output intent on your Indigo. If you want the EXACT CMYK values output on the Indigo you'd have to skip the DLP. I'm not familiar with any of the specific products you're using but many applications have a way to protect specific CMYK values when using a DLP, the other option is to turn color management off.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back