Need a CTP

ttopman

This is my first post, I hope I can get some good advice. I run a small press in Nigeria. We originally had two Kord machines, an Agfa Selectset 5000 with OLP and a Glunz and Jensen plate processor.

Frankly, I'm frustrated with our entire prepress system. I've been looking into getting a CTP machine. That's proving a real difficult task. I have a budget of $12000 for a used CTP. I'm wondering if anyone can help me with any ideas of a CTP that will serve my needs and has relatively low maintenance costs. I'm currently looking at a Highwater CTP, Ecrm Mako 2 or a G and J Platewriter 2000.

Sorry for the lengthy write.

You will be struggling to get a decent CTP and plate processor at that price, I don't count the G & J, it is way too slow for most companies.

The later Highwater Cobra or Python machines would be ok, as would an ECRM Mako2, as an ECRM engineer I know these rather better. You may be able to get one from PrePressServices (Google it). I do know a good ECRM service company in Nigeria if you go that way.

Good luck with your search, and ask away if you need help on the ECRM front.

You will be struggling to get a decent CTP and plate processor at that price, I don't count the G & J, it is way too slow for most companies.

The later Highwater Cobra or Python machines would be ok, as would an ECRM Mako2, as an ECRM engineer I know these rather better. You may be able to get one from PrePressServices (Google it). I do know a good ECRM service company in Nigeria if you go that way.

Good luck with your search, and ask away if you need help on the ECRM front.

Thank you for the advise. Can you PM me the name and address of the ECRM company?

The ECRM service company is Elkran International, +234 (1) 4703884:
10,Olaitan Odularu Street
Off Nnobi Street, Ikate
Surulere
PO Box 8051
Surulere
Lagos

we are looking for new ctp machine and select East-com Ctp machine. If any one can give a good advice about that machine is great. Is it a good machine for investing my money on it or is there better ctp machine in chana i can invest.

As long as you stay with a (Screen) ctp. Most of them just put their label on the Screen product.

thanks maac. but east-com ctp machine made by Hangzhou Eastcom Optoelectronic Technology Co.,Ltd. do you know about them. Are the good at ctp

Hello Ttopman,
I know a local printer here in USA who is selling Heidelberg Prosetter 74 complete with MetaDims RIP, PC servers and G&J Raptor 68 plate processor. This system is good for your Kord printing machines.
The price is within your budget. If you can buy violet plates in Nigeria, it may be a good system for you.
If interested, please send me a PM.

Hello Ttopman,
I know a local printer here in USA who is selling Heidelberg Prosetter 74 complete with MetaDims RIP, PC servers and G&J Raptor 68 plate processor. This system is good for your Kord printing machines.
The price is within your budget. If you can buy violet plates in Nigeria, it may be a good system for you.
If interested, please send me a PM.

Thanks PeterW, but we've sold our Kords now. We're now looking for digital printers, preferably a Ricoh Pro C651ex or 751ex.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back