Ideal CTP room

pacificiam

Hi...

We are purchasing new CTP. Hence we required to set up new CTP room for it.

Kindly guide me to setup this room and what required to make it ideal room.

Please do the needful

Ask the supplier to the room requirements:
1. Space requirements
2. Temperature and humidity
3. Communications (electricity, compressed air, water ...)

Ask them to send a drawing of your model.

Good luck! :)

No Title

1.png.jpg 1.png.jpg It depends on the model and configuration.
For example (Heidelberg Suprasetter).

Attachments

• photo4816.jpg
    photo4816.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 240
  • Make sure the room is big enough for service to have work space and remove panels once the machine is in place. This is commonly overlooked and can cause serious headaches and longer downtime.
  • Dedicated AC and humidity controls for that room is a great idea at minimum make sure existing infrastructure will handle your needs.
  • Safe lighting depending upon the type of plates you're imaging (typically not necessary for thermal plates).
  • Make sure your electrical lines have a line conditioner and surge protection.
  • Make sure your plumbing is adequate, easily serviced and that a back flow preventer is installed if you have a floor drain.

If building a room specifically for plating . . . when we built ours it had an air conditioner/heater outlet but no "cold air return" - because of that the room has positive pressure - makes the air rush out every time you open a door . .. very hard for dust to get into the room .. . built ours in 1992 and still haven't had to dust it . . if you look on the web it will tell you don't do it yourself but we're not setting it up for integrate circuit production . . . mostly just to keep the dust out and temp, humidity, and static control . . .

If building a room specifically for plating . . . when we built ours it had an air conditioner/heater outlet but no "cold air return" - because of that the room has positive pressure - makes the air rush out every time you open a door . .. very hard for dust to get into the room .. . built ours in 1992 and still haven't had to dust it . . if you look on the web it will tell you don't do it yourself but we're not setting it up for integrate circuit production . . . mostly just to keep the dust out and temp, humidity, and static control . . .

I so wish I had done this the last time I built one.

Originally posted by dabob View Post

I so wish I had done this the last time I built one.

Just to elaborate on that . .. we were very very lucky . . . we were relocated by the city to make room for an auto row . .. they had to make us a space we could afford and would be "the same" as the space we had . . . . so we found a building but it had to be remodeled . . at the city's expense . . . I was the pre-press guy then as now and just said this is what we need . . built my dream darkroom and stripping area - all positive pressure . . . the camera/dark room changed to the imagesetter room and later the stripping room turned into the plate room . . so now the cameras gone, the imagesetters gone and my office is in that space . . . we jokingly call it the end of life room . . . and Lord willing I'll be out of here in a couple of years . . . LOL :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back