Kodak Prinergy EVO 5.3

JimBob53

Registered Users
We are having a problem getting our jobs to continue to process. Our design staff can send a job to proof and it will process part of the way and then stop... and sit with the little clock for a long time, I let it set for 20 minutes one day just to see if it would process on through. It never did. The work around seems to change the 'Priority' from normal to urgent... But, this is a pain and doesn't always work... One designer has to have another designer open Prinergy and change to priority for her... this is costing time... and, as you know, time is money! I have attached a PNG to show what our designers are seeing. Thanks in advance for assistance on this matter.

Attachments

• Evo Problem 1.png.jpg
    Evo Problem 1.png.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 440
We run Prinergy 5 and have experienced some odd delays in the past as well. One we ran into recently was due to us using placeholders instead of blank pages in our Preps document. Go figure.

I'm afraid I don't have a ready-made answer but can suggest a few things; maybe one will help. Have you processed a previous job that went fine? Perhaps you can go back to a last month job and see if it behaves 'normally'. Try different things in the Preps document (assuming you use Preps, of course). Have you tried resetting Prinergy? I suppose it could be a hardware issue on your Prinergy server. Maybe a drive has a bad spot on it.

ssutton503, Thank you! for your reply. We do not use place holders. It does this with old jobs same as new jobs.... I have reset and also, restarted Evo, rebuilt the connections for the designers, and nothing has helped... Glad to get your reply. I have been told it could be a problem in the drive or with the server... was hoping to maybe find a quicker get around.

Hello. We had similar problem - plate did not start exposig automaticly until we change status to urgent. To solve this problem I had to restart Prinergie evo server LEVEL 2 - (fold tools->Restart evo..-> level 2) after that all history was cleaned but plate starts exposing well automaticly.

Hi, reply of spli is the best way to correct the problem. Prinergy Evo is a very stable workflow unless it recently processed a very complex job and then cancelled or was shut down unexpectedly. To process a very complex job (such as one with lots of vectors and nodes) you have to turn the feature on in the Refine Process Template which is a new feature in 5.3 of Evo.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back