Purchased used DPM 2340. No Media Cassette.

jpfulton248

We purchased a used DPM 2340 at auction sold as is and it appears to be missing the media cassette. I called Mark Andy to ask about plate material and whether the material will actually come inside of a cassette. She said no, and that the cassette costs $1,000 to replace. She mentioned that it is possible that the platesetter had been converted to take 3rd party plate material and that the cassette would then be different (or something). Anybody know how much, where I can get what and what exactly she is talking about??

Hey, I got your PM and have been trying to find the guy's business card. I'll put it in this thread when I have it. He may not be the right contact for this particular issue, but you can always call.

Thank you. Definitely would like that info if you can track it down.

In the meantime we have gone back to the print shop that sold this to us (today is the last day for pickup of auction items before the lock the doors for good), and I've located 2 cassettes that were hanging out in an adjacent room near a bunch of other prepress equipment.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back