Processor Getting Louder

Vernon Roberts

We have a Glunz & Jensen CP 85 Processor that is producing a rumbling noise when it processes a plate. You only hear it when a plate is processing. If you run a rinse cycle with no plate, it's not there. Also, the steady cycling sound of it's normal process seems to be getting louder and not sounding normal. I don't know what I can do to fix this. Are these warning signs it's about to stop running? All plates are coming out fine, it just can't be down. Is there some proactive measure I can take? We refresh the chemicals every Friday and clean the rolls.

I did get it figured out. The main brush rollers needed grease. They were causing two much drag when they started washing a plate. I had never greased those before. It's all good again now. thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back