Processless Plates

falvarado

I would apreciate to know if someone could recomend me processless plates for a Screen Plate Rite 8600 negative plates. We are using Kodak now but need to know where to look for FUJI, AGFA or others brands.Thank you. Best Regards, falvarado

We had problems with plate cleaning when tried to use Mylan and Agfa. Plate get ink at the beginning of clean process and story over.
If your press have possibility to move away ink rollers and use only fountain rollers it should be fine. Chris

Anyone running UV with them?

We tested them, literally yesterday, on our Komori LS 640 conventional UV press. The test went well, but it was a short run - just a test form. We're going to find a short paper job and test again. As long as it continues to be successful, we'll test longer runs and last we'll test it with our plastics ink set. FTR, we run a lot of PVC and styrene, but we also print paper on that press with UV inks. So we have two different ink sets to worry about - and the PVC inks are generally uncooperative with everything.

I'd love to hear from anybody who has more experience running Sonora with UV . . .

I would apreciate to know if someone could recomend me processless plates for a Screen Plate Rite 8600 negative plates. We are using Kodak now but need to know where to look for FUJI, AGFA or others brands.Thank you. Best Regards, falvarado
Please consult your Agfa dealer and ask for Azura TE plates. It is fantastic plate with better image contrast.

Hellow, am new in this site and need your assistance. I am using UV Setter 1 headed. and when exposing my plates, lines appear. I tried to increase exposure time but the same. I am using Technova Plates. what might be the problem?

We have a smaller screen platesetter and we use the fuji plates, the pressman have had others try to sell us other plates, but they like the fuji and won't change.

Kodak Sonora has great user reviews.
One think that has to be remembered is that it requires a large amount of energy delivered to the plate surface in a short time. This may impact the longevity of the laser in your CtP.

Peter Warzecha, Viprofix Prepress Solutions
Phone: +1-773-545-7700 ext. 217
Email: [email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back