DPM34sc Strange plates

jsprint

We are installing a used DPM34sc at our shop and it runs plates but at about 10 inches down the plate it has bands where it has not developed properly. Ive attached a picture does anyone have an idea what is going on?

Attachments

• photo5265.jpg
    photo5265.jpg
    734.8 KB · Views: 189
Plate developed properly but incorrect exposed.
Laser problem or combination of a few ones, including media motion.
You need serviceman on site for deeper look inside.

Any sort of troubles could appear after a few days on the run. I do not think your issue is fatal and incurable.
I wish I could see problem zone with my X20 microscope.
Is your exposure part of machine CAPSTAN style?

Last edited:
My experience with these machines is with the 2340 & the 2404 so, it's a bit dated. We had a laser go out bad on our machine and the exposure looked normal except the dot was soft. The laser wasn't focusing properly. Your issue looks completely different.

Is this on every plate?
How many exposures did you try?
Did the material ship with the machine? could it be bad?

We had a lot of issues with light leaks on our 2404 when it was first installed. I don't want to give you false hope but it's worth checking. These machines are pretty much a drum image setter mounted on top an old Itek processor so, the processing part is simple. It's the top half that gives you the issues.

It begins to appear when the exposure is set below 1800, and it is in the same place on every plate, tried new chemistry, also tried new roll of plate material. I can turn the exposure up over 2000 and it goes away but the ability to run screens also goes away

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back