Plate Counter

aqazi81

Is there any way that we can expose plate counter or number on every plate so that we can keep track of the plates?

What would be the advantage of that? The computer or CTP itself will keep track of how many plates you have made

I know that but this is what my client wants and they say they want to keep a track record of every plate.
Any bright ideas? ;-)

I know that but this is what my client wants and they say they want to keep a track record of every plate.
Any bright ideas? ;-)

So you want to keep count just for a specific client? You could just keep track and add it to the print job so it gets imaged with each job. I am very glad not a single client of ours cares about plate usage, most would not even have a clue if I tried explaining "plates" to them.

Our device creates an xml file for each plate/separation that has been exposed. I find this very useful because then we are able to feed our MIS. The purpose is to control the real plate consumption for each job (costs) and also to help our logistics people to easily control the stock of plates.
I also receive an automatic notification via email (daily) from the ctp device. This e-mail tells me the total ammount of plates recorded for each one of the media types.

Last edited:
So you want to keep count just for a specific client? You could just keep track and add it to the print job so it gets imaged with each job. I am very glad not a single client of ours cares about plate usage, most would not even have a clue if I tried explaining "plates" to them.

But there are some clients that are too much worried about consumables and this is one of them.

Our device creates an xml file for each plate/separation that has been exposed. I find this very useful because then we are able to feed our MIS. The purpose is to control the real plate consumption for each job (costs) and also to help our logistics people to easily control the stock of plates.
I also receive an automatic notification via email (daily) from the ctp device. This e-mail tells me the total ammount of plates recorded for each one of the media types.

Which device are you using? This client is also using MIS and they also want the same.

We have an Avalon N8 (Agfa), but the manufacturer of the CTP is SCREEN. I think Fujifilm's are also manufactured from SCREEN. In fact they have the 50% of the market share. My advice for you and your client is talk to support/service and get it done.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back