Barcode/QR code on plate.

aqazi81

Just curious to know if someone is using Barcodes or QR codes to quickly scan an old plate and output a new plate if needed so you don't have to search through files.

We have Prinergy and there is a remake code that goes on all plates. It's not a barcode but an 8 character code that can be keyed in with Prinergy.

We have Prinergy installed at press side so press crews can key in the code and by they time they walk to prepress, the plate has been made.

We are also currently working with NELA on a plate sorting system that is 2-D barcode driven. I think we have just gotten the kinks ironed out this week.

John Stewart

Thanks John for the answer, we are marketing a workflow and a potential customer asked this question and I didn't know that any other workflow is offering this feature.

XMF has the ability to put a unique code on the plate, either in plain text or as a barcode, although we don't use it here. There are some limitations on the barcode type it can use, but I believe that QR is one of them.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back