Buying a used CTP

BrunoF1981

Hello Guys,

We are going to buy a used thermal CTP, and our suppliers offered an Heidelberg Topsetter, a Creo Lotem 400 and a Fuji Luxel T-6300...

I used to work with a UV Heidelberg Prosetter, but it's time to change to a Thermal.... Any feedback one these 3?

From reputacion and possibly parts, i'll for Topsetter, but the other two have similar charecteristics...

I'f you can, pease tell me wath you think, and if these are reliable or not, and if there's still parts (i could't find many info on the Creo Lotem 400)

Thanks

Hello Guys,

We are going to buy a used thermal CTP, and our suppliers offered an Heidelberg Topsetter, a Creo Lotem 400 and a Fuji Luxel T-6300...

I used to work with a UV Heidelberg Prosetter, but it's time to change to a Thermal.... Any feedback one these 3?

From reputacion and possibly parts, i'll for Topsetter, but the other two have similar charecteristics...

I'f you can, pease tell me wath you think, and if these are reliable or not, and if there's still parts (i could't find many info on the Creo Lotem 400)

Thanks

"(i could't find many info on the Creo Lotem 400)" that's probably reason enough to drop that unit from your list.

Hello,

About your question, we do not recommend to buy a Lotem 400 because is not easy to find parts, the replacement of the diodes is expensive and little complicated and is a slow machine, also you could have a little bit of restrictions regarding on the type of plates that you can use, for example, if you want to use in the future or now processless plates does require more power and this machine would be set in a very slow speed.

If is a Lotem Quantum is probably a better choice.

You also need to think how many plates you need to make per day, how many plate sizes you will be imaging and also what type of plates you will be imaging.

We will be happy with any information of equipment available on the market.

You can send us a PM or give us a call 786-387-2588

Best Regards,

Tanks for the feedback,

I agree with both, i'm pendind for the Topsetter, Lotem was only on the table because it was cheaper....

Regardind speed i don't have a lot of plate variatons... 1/2 colour jobs and long runs of offset... If i thaught i'de need a big daily quantity of plates, i'd try a machine with automatic feeder... Bus it's realy not the case

And "topdot" tanks for the prompt help. I'll analise a bit more the fuji and topsetter proposals....but if i decide otherwise i'll defenitly contact you...thanks

Hi Brunof1981,

I may be wrong about the lotem 400 but i know from creo trendsetters 400/800 that they only have one laser. So when the laser fails you have to replace the entire laser head and its very expensive.

On the other hand the fuji luxel 6300 is a multi diode laser head because its made by screen. Its the screens model 4300. So when one laser fails you can continue to image because it groups the laser diodes in two groups so when one fails the other continues to image but at a slower rate. All you have to replace is that bad laser diode not the entire imaging head.

Hope this helps
If any other questions you can private message us.
Microtech

Hi Brunof1981,

I may be wrong about the lotem 400 but i know from creo trendsetters 400/800 that they only have one laser. So when the laser fails you have to replace the entire laser head and its very expensive.

You are completely wrong about the Creo Trendsetters.

Hello Bruno,
Kodak/Creo Trendsetter 400 may actually be a good option. If you buy a unit with a low laser usage, it will last for a long time. I guess this is true for Heidelberg Topsetter, as well as Fuji Luxel T-6000 too :) What I am trying to say is that the overall cost of laser is almost identical for Kodak Trendsetter, Heidelberg Topsetter and Fuji Luxel. By the time that you need to replace a laser in a Trendsetter, you would most likely replace all individual diodes in a Topsetter or a Luxel.
If you need more information about thermal CtP, please call me at 1-773-600-7391 or send me a PM.

Peter Warzecha
Viprofix Prepress Solutions
www.viprofix.com

Hello Guys,

Thanks

Hi Bruno,

Actually Heidelberg Topsetter and Fuji Luxel T series are both made by Screen, the spare parts are easy to find and cheap(laser diode). the Screen PT-R4300 (Fuji Luxel T-6300) should be very cheap as last month my friend in Taiwan bought a used one, the price is very competitive.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back