Experience with Xante Speedsetter 300?

robbg439

Does anyone have any insight on the performance of this machine? I run a tiny publishing company that puts out art books, stationery, and the like. I've been using an old vertical camera to make plates (too time consuming) or I've been outsourcing plates from a service bureau (too expensive, too much lag time). So I've been looking into upgrading to an affordable in-house ctp system.

Xante's platemaker machines can be had on Ebay for around $1000 or so, but I'm not that impressed with the lpi. The general consensus seems to be that its ok for linework, not so hot for halftones. A lot of my work is one or two color photography or illustrations that look best with a fairly high lpi.

The Speedsetter seems like a good middle ground between the platemaker and a higher-end ctp system. But I haven't seen any of these systems on any second-hand or auction sites. I also have no idea how much a system like it would cost. I don't have a fortune and like I said, I'm a tiny shop funded by book sales and arts grants, rather than printing jobs.

P.S.- As a designer, I am in lust stochastic screening, and I wonder how xante's "perfectblend" screening compares, and how much this "extra feature" costs.

Ripit systems

Ripit systems

I worked for Ripit, I know it inside out. the perfect blend is great, very high line screen and easy to print. If you want impeccable image quality, tight registration and fast reliable output for pennies on the dollar Ripit CtP with then Exxtra Cor,p Speedsetter and Open Rip symphony is very well worth the investment. Ask me any question you like, I have been buying and reselling bank repo's and can install, train and support now and in the future

I have one for sale but...

I have one for sale but...

I'm in the UK (Surrey) - is this only a US site? just found it!

These imagesetters are fab yet know one seems to have heard of them here when I have rung around the dealers!!!. Mine is branded Exxtrasetter 300 and looks the same as the one on the Xante web site. Comes with Harlequin rip on a PC.

we bought it some years ago but did not get the work. It has run about 3 rolls of film. Looks new, cost a fortune. If anyone interested email me.

Cheers

Rob

yep!

yep!

Yes it's "virtual" as the marketing went.... - I am in IT now, at the time I was looking for an imagesetter, I looked around a was not impressed with the capstan setters and couldn't afford a drum but came across this patented technology. I was impressed. With the accuracy of a drum for the price of an ecrm capstan. It was better than the large floor mounted Linotronic I already had but was tiny, light weight and table top producing SRA3 film. Now they use them for making plates!

It has what they call 2 x clamshells. One at each end. The film is brought around and over these to form a cylinder (drum) - then a clamshell with a thin slot images from one end to the other passing along this tube of film.

Simple and very effective :)

ExxtraSetter for sale

ExxtraSetter for sale

Hi, At the end of last year I called around the dealers hoping for £2000 but they had never heard of it.

I may as well except £900 or close to now. I can demo it and have some supplies for it somewhere! Come and have a look.

Cheers Rob

Exxtrasetter 300 + IP

Exxtrasetter 300 + IP

Hi, At the end of last year I called around the dealers hoping for £2000 but they had never heard of it.

I may as well except £900 or close to now. I can demo it and have some supplies for it somewhere! Come and have a look.

Cheers Rob

Hi Rob
IS it your equipment still for sale?
BR Dusko
[email protected]

Ah... Memories.

This is a Walter Hansen box.

Great concept, and I'm sure it has
seen much success through the years.

I believe we used to market a Hansen
design in the early '90s as the StudioSet 2000.

I believe Lino/HDM also marketed a capstan
line of his design as well.

I worked for Ripit, I know it inside out. the perfect blend is great, very high line screen and easy to print. If you want impeccable image quality, tight registration and fast reliable output for pennies on the dollar Ripit CtP with then Exxtra Cor,p Speedsetter and Open Rip symphony is very well worth the investment. Ask me any question you like, I have been buying and reselling bank repo's and can install, train and support now and in the future

I am intersting for one used speedsetter 300 for making film, with open Flexo RIP 5.0 or higher. maybe some processor too. Maybe you know somebody who can ofer me?
BR Dusko

Speedsetter - Exxtrasetter for sale in UK

Speedsetter - Exxtrasetter for sale in UK

I posted on here a few years ago that I would like to sell my Exxtasetter. I did not receive any indication that there had been any interest until I looked back today :)

I still have my extrasetter sitting in a cupboard. Is there any interest as I am about to sell my business and it will go as part of my sale if not sold beforehand.

Rob

Exxtrasetter Express 300 similar to Xante Express 300 for sale

Exxtrasetter Express 300 similar to Xante Express 300 for sale

Going to have a go at selling again. New version is Speedsetter by Xante used in Flexo - Any interest out there?
+44 1276 855333

Last edited:
Never did sell my business, still have the Exxrrasetter tucked away. Going to get it out and switch it on for pictures. £500 with hardly any use and in lovely condition. Rob on +44 1276 855333

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back