page size in preflight

2mira

when i checked page size using pitstop preflight
I Identifies the page size with (210mm width - 300mm hight ) ..........for Example )
if there is page size (211mm or 209mm) (difference with 1mm more or less than the Specified size in the pdf file )
the preflight report shows no errors
I need to know the reason and if 1mm constitute problem or not ?

No Title

The check has a tolerance which you can configure (it's the 'precision value'. The reason its needed is because not all applications describe page sizes exactly, there are normally some rounding issues that need to be taken into account.

You can reduce that tolerance if you wish to make the check scricter.

Attachments

• photo4757.jpg
    photo4757.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 241
No Title

The check has a tolerance which you can configure (it's the 'precision value'. The reason its needed is because not all applications describe page sizes exactly, there are normally some rounding issues that need to be taken into account.

You can reduce that tolerance if you wish to make the check scricter.

This is how page size appear on my device

Attachments

• photo4758.jpg
    photo4758.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 242
No Title

Ahh you have an older version that does not have the tolerance in the Preflight Report.

You can still get the same functionality by using an Action List to get the same functionality. You can then add that Action List to your preflight profile.

Attachments

• photo4759.jpg
    photo4759.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 212

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back