Viewing traps correctly in ESKO PackEdge

Macmann

We are a screen printer and recently had a job print incorrectly because of insufficient or no trap at all. We used the auto trap feature and made our usual tweaks to what the application felt was correct trap. Once on press it was evident that areas we felt had our usual trap standards were printing one to one. Where the wheels fell off for me, admittedly from my own inexperience, was that if I viewed the file with the ink type in the ink palette set to Normal I saw plenty of trap. But, when set to Opaque the reality of what we were seeing on press became apparent. Most of the inks we use in our manufacturing are fairly opaque by nature but some metallic inks are completely opaque. Once I realized this, I reworked the file by meticulously switching back and forth between the the two viewing modes to rectify the traps. Very tedious and I always felt I was going to miss something. Is there a feature in PackEdge that would allow me to view the traps in such a way we could avoid this in the future? Most of our work is custom and even adding rules to the auto trap function still results in a lot of extra work.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back