Nesting in Plato

Macmann

Occasionally we have the need to nest files to save stock, and I've been using the create layout tool in Plato. While this tool is great I have yet to figure out an easy way to use it when I have multiple stations, say for example, a left and a right decal. I can't find any documentation for nesting multiple items, the nesting section in the manual only mentions nesting a single station in a variety of ways. I have found ways around this but they are not as elegant and easy as the tool makes doing a single station. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
You may want to consider i-Cut Layout or i-Cut Essentials. Both are specifically for nesting of files and i-Cut Essentials runs on a Mac.
Let me know if you would like more information.

Thanks for the response. I've read that i-Cut is the way to go but I think there is an additional charge for that software. Perhaps with Esko's new subscription model of billing I may have an easier time convincing management to spring for it.

If you're going to invest in software for layout and you're not using auto layout in AE take a long hard look at Phoenix. I #$%!ing hate plato so much I consider it worst in class. I'd rather go back to Heidelberg Signa Station or just do it manually.

I echo your sentiments chevalier. Plato is the red headed stepchild of the Esko Suite. I could do a layout quicker in PageMaker on a IIfx :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back