Imagine that...

I understand that it can be frustrating. But you must realize that you work in a production environment and your goal should not go out and install everything that is new. 2nd, like most developers their not only updating their products for an OS release, they are adding features, fixing bugs. The good thing is that Esko is letting us "The End User" know what their plan is so we can plan when and how upgrades will happen that will cause the least amount of impact to production.

The part that sucks is you must post pone new hardware upgrades :(

I understand that it can be frustrating. But you must realize that you work in a production environment and your goal should not go out and install everything that is new. 2nd, like most developers their not only updating their products for an OS release, they are adding features, fixing bugs. The good thing is that Esko is letting us "The End User" know what their plan is so we can plan when and how upgrades will happen that will cause the least amount of impact to production.

The part that sucks is you must post pone new hardware upgrades :(

Not sure how this is a good thing if the plan is always wait at least 3 months. We are still waiting to be able to use the new Illustrator! And once that is available we will be waiting to use the new OS. It seems we are ALWAYS waiting on Esko for an update and it takes MONTHS!! ALWAYS!! I am also so tired of the production environment excuse. Just because it works we should never upgrade? And we should just give the weakest link in the chain (Esko) a pass because what we have now works? What about innovation and progression. And how long do they get a pass for? Months, Years... what is the acceptable timeframe before we as the customer can determine it to simply be unacceptable anymore? We are still locked into one XP machine because of Esko! Has enough time passed that we can think that is ridiculous or should we continue to be happy cause it works and heck we are in a production environment. Imagine if ALL you 3rd party software developers took this long to update their applications. Not sure why we should give Esko so much slack.

It's very simple.. If you don't think they are doing the job you want them to do.. Stop paying support and go somewhere else.. But I agree with you.. The Adobe delay is totally BS. They could have had a prerelease of 2015 6-7 months ago. With Adobe going to CC style upgrades they have been rolling out updates faster and faster.

The OS is a different ball game. I would never ever put a new OS into production for a few months.

And what the hell are you running XP for?

It's very simple.. If you don't think they are doing the job you want them to do.. Stop paying support and go somewhere else.. But I agree with you.. The Adobe delay is totally BS. They could have had a prerelease of 2015 6-7 months ago. With Adobe going to CC style upgrades they have been rolling out updates faster and faster.

The OS is a different ball game. I would never ever put a new OS into production for a few months.

And what the hell are you running XP for?

Actually it really is not that simple unless we want to take a half a million dollar hit by dumping Esko. We pay upwards of $50,000 a year for maintenance alone and all we really want is the service as sold to us all along. And I agree that best practice is to wait on an OS and as you say, months is probably a good wait. And if Esko is not ready for a year is that also OK even if you are comfirtable with the new OS after a couple months? Thats really my point is that Esko is WAY behind the curve whether it be for when software is ready or our department is ready it seems Esko is never ready at that point. When I am comfortable upgrading I expect my vendors to be ready also, otherwise where are all those initial purchase and maintenance dollars going?

And for the XP machine it is for the "Grapholas" software on our CDI. The techs in our area have never been able to get it to run reliably on Windows7. And they give us the same line of "well it works... so whats the problem". I have heard it "should" run on windows 7 but our techs have never been able to make that happen.

Just gets very frustrating waiting for one particular vendor over and over. Hopefully we can start using CC 2015 this month still.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back