Esko Automation Engine ticket question from newbie

Colorblind

Hi everyone, I'm new at Esko workflow and I'm basically trying to build a ticket where:

1- user will be able to select screening parameters (line screen and dot shape) when dropping a PDF to the shuttle
2- a positive .len file (retaining user selected screen parameters) will be created for viewing purpose in the Viewer
3- a copy of the same len file will be made negative for film/negative plate imaging on a CDI CTP

So far, I'm trying to modify existing tickets and am able to create a Viewer .len file but cannot figure out how to make a negative copy of it.

Thanks for your help!

I do not know much about CDI or LEN files.
What task are you using to create your .len file?
Post your current workflow and I will see If I can help.

No Title

Also, which version of AE are you running? Things are a bit different between 12 and 14. In 14 you would use the Image to screened separations task. Under the first tab "general" you would make the positive and negative changes. I would think you would have to route your input files to two separate image to screened seps tasks.
See screenshot

Attachments

• photo5042.png
    photo5042.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 208
tommrz, I'm using version 14. I know I can make 2 different Image tasks but in that case, the user would have to enter 2 sets of identical screening parameters on file input through the Shuttle so integrity between the positive .len files for the Viewer and the negatives for the ctp could be compromised, which is why I would prefer just to send an inverted screened copy to a different flow. But so far, I can't find how in the Esko documentation.

This can be done with using "Workflow Parameters" with a router.
If you upload your current Workflow I can make it happen for you.

Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 7.58.02 AM.png.jpgScreen Shot 2015-10-07 at 7.53.41 AM.png.jpgScreen Shot 2015-10-07 at 7.53.27 AM.png.jpg Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 7.53.36 AM.png.jpg OK, devin is correct. If you don't have JDF / XML integration you can do this with workflow parameters. Whenever you create a workflow parameter it automatically becomes a public parameter. Therefore the operator will be prompted to fill in values via shuttle launch.The nice thing is that the workflow parameter is like a stored variable. So they will only need to enter it once and you can use that variable anywhere in the workflow. I have attached a few screenshots showing what I mean.

Colorblind- We had our workflow setup to output a right reading and mirrored output many years ago. What we found to work instead was to just RIP the LEN files for the CDI and just use the viewer to flip the view for verification. We found it confusing to have both views for QC, especially on jobs that were mirrored print or had both surface and mirror print. It was also another file to maintain, so storage space. And we ended up being more comfortable having QC looking at the actual files going to the CDI as there is no chance for the viewing file to not match the CDI file. Again, just an option for you. And Im sure you know where to flip in the viewer but am including a screenshot just in case.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 2.29.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 2.29.41 PM.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 216

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back