Esko Kongsberg V

Hello,

Has anybody have any info regarding Esko Kongsberg V? We are thinking of buying one and would like to get information from users of machine.

Best regards,

We have experience with Kongsberg. Nice machines but good luck getting service. Was not uncommon to be down for days waiting for a field tech. We sold off/traded in our Kongsbergs and bought a 1.6 meter and a 3.2 meter cutting systems from MCT. Theses are the same guys who invented the i-cut software. Very nice machines. Liquid cooled. Double the speed on routing and built like a tank. Plus we are moving into fabrics and can add the laser as its all modular.

Got a v table in June, no real exp with other brands, and have not needed service so cannot speak to above, but I was one the fence and worried about speed, but I think it a good machine, we do lots of kiss cut, small labels so speed not a real factor, when u do larger stuff you spend more time clearing the table then cutting so again speed not a big factor

Got a v table in June, no real exp with other brands, and have not needed service so cannot speak to above, but I was one the fence and worried about speed, but I think it a good machine, we do lots of kiss cut, small labels so speed not a real factor, when u do larger stuff you spend more time clearing the table then cutting so again speed not a big factor

Very nice. Would you buy it again or maybe try Summa F1612 for half of a price. Because I think for this application you are using Summa should be just fine or no? What is your point of view regarding this two machines?

Think summa is good for straight plotting, but esko and zund really good icut integration, and ability to cut anything with the right tooling, I have to do some routing and don't think summa or mimaki have really figured it out, and the extra money kind of buys the piece of mind that in 10 years when you call up for some help they will still be supporting it

Think summa is good for straight plotting, but esko and zund really good icut integration, and ability to cut anything with the right tooling, I have to do some routing and don't think summa or mimaki have really figured it out, and the extra money kind of buys the piece of mind that in 10 years when you call up for some help they will still be supporting it

Just want to point out that both Mimaki and Summa have been around since the late 70's so my guess is they will be here in 10 years also. And even though my first Mimaki plotter (24" CG-61) was purchased before there was even a Mimaki USA they still support it. Summa I cannot attest to as they have changed names, merged etc but started as Summgraphics.

Whereas Esko has only been around since Barco/Purup merged in the early 2000's or so. (don't remember exactly when)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back