plato smart marks

dgliah

Hi! I need to create smart mark in plato that will calculate all the inks in the file except of technical inks. I can't find this option in the Plato, is there a script that i can use?
Thanks for the help

YES, CORRECT, I CREATED SMART MARK IN PLATO THAT SHOWS ME INK COVERAGE FOR EVERY COLOR SEPARATELY + THE TOTAL, BUT THE TOTAL INCLUDES TECHNICAL INKS AS WELL, AID I NEED THE TOTAL OF NON TECHNICAL ONLY.

I still didn't figure out how to do it. May be some one can help me. I CREATED SMART MARK IN PLATO THAT SHOWS ME INK COVERAGE FOR EVERY COLOR SEPARATELY + THE TOTAL, BUT THE TOTAL INCLUDES TECHNICAL INKS AS WELL, AND I NEED THE TOTAL OF NON TECHNICAL ONLY.

Go to –> http://esko.com/support
Find the Plato documentation/manual.
Find ‘Working with SmartMarks’.
Find ‘Supplied SmarkMarks’.
Find ‘Text Mark’.
Select ‘Inks’.
That should tell you what you need to know. If it does not, or another forum member can't help, I would suggest contacting Esko support.

I did contact Esko, they told me that they aware of the problem and they are working on it. But I am sure that it can be done by script first ink + second ink… and the total. I just can't figure out how to write this script, it's seam to be simple but whatever i do doesn't work.

use the "extract inks" task to keep every ink type except technical and then perform your ink coverage stuff.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back