Can I do this in a Workflow?

StillWaiting

Hi Guys,

I'm kinda stumped on how this would work visually.

Have a single RIP once Output many WF. (AE 12.2)

Files are launched out of Illustrator as normalized to this WF.

1 - File is selected in Illustrator w/ public parameters to Trap or not then get written to folder: [JobURL]/output/[File].ae.pdf for future use when it needs to be set to go through our Output WF.

2 - That SAME file then travels along the same WF to go to different public parameters to choice which Proof Tag goes on it.

What I want to do is delete any Inks that have *Tint on them and write that file to [JobURL]/output/[File].ae.pdf

Hears the catch, I need that *Tint ink name to stay on when it goes to the rest of the WF, so it stays with the "proof" pdf

I know I should be able to "Fork" of of these two Task but I can't figure the right way to do it.

Thanks for any insight that you can provide.

Attachments

• photo5451.png
    photo5451.png
    25 KB · Views: 229
Put a Fork task in and have the file run in 2 paths one for your proof file that has the *tint ink names and the other the removes them.

may be you can define that ink as "technical" or "opaque"? so then you can make the rule that a technical ink will be output and in the other case that no technical ink will be output?

regards
Marcelo

Go to http://esko.com/en/support. Locate the Complete Automation Engine manual and type "How Can You Differentiate the Processing of Separations for Different Printing Methods” in the search field upper left. That may help.

Go to http://esko.com/en/support. Locate the Complete Automation Engine manual and type "How Can You Differentiate the Processing of Separations for Different Printing Methods” in the search field upper left. That may help.

Nope. You know the "Extract Inks" task is very misleading. There is not one option to extract inks from a file.The only option is "Keep inks that match the following criteria"

P.S. This problem has been solved with the "Optimize PDF Separations" Inks tab.

Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 7.35.18 AM.png.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 7.35.18 AM.png.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 7.35.18 AM.png.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 234
anyone know any esko automation engine consultants that charge reasonably

Esko has their own Solution Architects who can be contracted to solve specific issues. (I have no idea of the costs). Esko also offers classes in AE, as well as other products, in their offices in Miamisburg, OH where the highest cost would be your own travel expenses and time. Contact Esko for info on both.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back