Automation Engine 14.1.1 Blue Job Creation - Sporadic Failing

Hi,

I'm having a strange issue, where for no apparent reason blue job folder creation fails. XML is being submitted to a hot folder, and that's creating the blue job folder. Occasionally, the folder structure appears, along with the correct naming conventions etc. etc., but it's not created as a proper blue job folder. The attached error message appears when you try and search for it in 'job overview'. There is a quick fix, by navigating and selecting the 'use smart job location rules as set in the configure tool' button, then selecting 'move the file and folder to the new jobfolder' button, but it's becoming a pain with four operators complaining.. do have the 'job description' truncated to 35 characters as we were having issues with file/path name lengths (especially when using viewer), but that doesn't seem to interfere with it..

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Dominic
ScreenGrab.png.jpg

Last edited:
You mention that you are truncating the Job Description. It looks to me from the warning message that there is a space at the end of the path, which is not allowed in Windows, and that is the issue.
It is generally not advised to use Job Descriptions as part of the folder name for the job because of issues like this (along with issues with special characters).
You can use the Job Description in the Job Name, but for the folder I would just use the OrderID.

Hi Andy,

I'll give that a go, I did notice that 'remove lead and trailing spaces' wasn't ticked on in the smart name, I'll try that for starters and monitor it - I'm working with a load of old dogs who don't like change, so would rather not strip out the description unless I have to! Thanks for taking the time to reply :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back