Upgrading

akalaray

We are looking into upgrading from Prinect 2012 to the latest 2015. is anyone running 2015? is the upgrade worth it?

We are running 2015.
To me it's not about being worth it but being on top of the latest technology as well as support.
If you ever have issue with your software and you contact support, they will tell you install latest version and try.
Nobody will support old versions of software and I am not talking about Heidelberg only but every other developer out there.
We have service contract and we get all upgrades/updates for free so why not use it :)

There was interface change, I believe you either have old UI or combo where you can switch from old to new UI.
In 2015 it is only new UI, no more old.
There are some neat improvements, nothing earth shattering but useful, e.g. if you keep your Signa JDF's in same folder and you go to import it into cockpit, as long as your JDF is named the same as your job, it will be preselected automatically for you.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back